Safe Body Art Program
The Safe Body Art Program provides minimum statewide standards for practitioners and facilities in the business of tattooing, body piercing, permanent cosmetics, and branding. The requirements are intended to protect both the practitioner and the client from the transmission of infectious diseases through the application of proper body art procedures and the control of cross-contamination of instruments and supplies. Please refer to our FAQ page for more information.
All Body Art Practitioners must be over the age of 18 and have completed an Approved Bloodborne Pathogen Training Course before registering as a practitioner in Nevada County. In addition, a Body Art Practitioner needs to have Hepatitis B Vaccination documentation, which includes one of the following:
- Certification of Completed Vaccination
- Laboratory Evidence of Immunity
- Vaccination Declination
When registering as a Body Art Practitioner, please submit a copy of a Driver's License or Government ID.
In order to open a Body Art Facility, you will first have to consult with an Environmental Health Specialist and complete a Plan Review Application, which includes an Infection Prevention Control Plan. Once approved, you can apply for a Permit to Operate, which is a yearly permit that is valid from November 1 - October 31 of each year.
Please call or email the Environmental Health Department to talk with an Environmental Health Specialist at (530) 265-1222 ext. 3 or email the Environmental Health Department.
- Bloodborne Pathogen Training Course Information Opens a New Window.
- Body Art Practitioner Registration Application a New Window.
- Plan Check Application Opens a New Window.
- Body Art Facility Permit to Operate Application Opens a New Window.
- Mechanical Stud and Clasp Ear Piercing Notification Form
- Practitioner Operational Agreement Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window.gfhfns a New Window.w Window. Opens a New Window. sfddsfg Opens a New Window. hsdf gasdsga Opens a New Window. esdgs Opens a New Window.
General Sample Forms
- Medical History (PDF)
- Consent Release Form (PDF)
- Infection Prevention and Control Plan (PDF)
- Client Record (PDF)
- Sterilization Log (PDF)
- Hepatitis B Declination Statement (PDF)
- Staff Member Training Log (PDF)
- Disposable Equipment Log (PDF)
Tattoo Sample Forms
Body Piercing Sample Forms
Permanent Cosmetics Sample Forms
Body Art Fees
|Body Art Practitioner - Tatto Only||Yearly Permit||$103.70|
|Body Art Practitioner - Body Piercing Only||Yearly Permit||$103.70|
|Body Art Facility Plan Check||One Time Fee - Base 3-hour Deposit||$622.20|
|Body Art Facility||Yearly Permit||$414.80|
|Permanent Makeup Facility (1 Room)||Yearly Permit||$207.40|
|Permanent Makeup Facility (Multiple Rooms)||Yearly Permit||$414.80|