B O D Y A R T
The Safe Body Art Program provides minimum statewide standards for practitioners and facilities in the business of tattooing, body piercing, permanent cosmetics and branding. The requirements are intended to protect both the practitioner and the client from transmission of infectious diseases through the application of proper body art procedures and the control of cross-contamination of instruments and supplies. Please refer to our FAQ page for more information.
FDA RECALL ANNOUNCEMENT
Please see the FDA announcement regarding the recall of tattoo inks that have been found to be contaminated with microorganisms. Please ensure that these inks are not being used at your facility and that the practitioners at your location are also aware of this recall. Please contact NCEHD (530)265-1222 X: 3 right away if any of these contaminated inks were found to be used at your facility.
All Body Art Practitioners must be over the age of 18 and have completed an Approved Bloodborne Pathogen Training Course before registering as a practitioner in Nevada County. In addition, a Body Art Practitioner needs to have Hepatitis B Vaccination documentation, which includes one of the following:
- Certification of Completed Vaccination
- Laboratory Evidence of Immunity
- Vaccination Declination
When registering as a Body Art Practitioner, please submit a copy of a Driver's License or Government ID.
In order to open a Body Art Facility, you will first have to consult with an Environmental Health Specialist and complete a Plan Review Application, which includes an Infection Prevention Control Plan. Once approved, you can apply for a Permit to Operate, which is a yearly permit that is valid from November 1st - October 31st of each year.
Please call or email the Environmental Health Department to talk with an Environmental Health Specialist at (530) 265-1222 ext. 3 or Env.Health@co.nevada.ca.us.
- Bloodborne Pathogen Training Course Information Opens a New Window.
- Body Art Practitioner Registration Application a New Window.
- Plan Check Application Opens a New Window.
- Body Art Facility Permit to Operate Application Opens a New Window.
- Mechanical Stud and Clasp Ear Piercing Notification Form Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window.gfhfns a New Window.w Window. Opens a New Window. sfddsfg Opens a New Window. hsdf gasdsga Opens a New Window. esdgs Opens a New Window.
General Sample Forms
- Medical History (PDF)
- Consent Release Form (PDF)
- Infection Prevention and Control Plan (PDF)
- Client Record (PDF)
- Sterilization Log (PDF)
- Hepatitis B Declination Statement (PDF)
- Staff Member Training Log (PDF)
- Disposable Equipment Log (PDF)
Tattoo Sample Forms
Body Piercing Sample Forms
Permanent Cosmetics Sample Forms
|Body Art Practitioner - Tattoo Only||Yearly Permit||$ 93.43|
|Body Art Practitioner - Body Piercing Only||Year Permit||$ 93.43|
|Body Art Facility Plan Check||One Time Fee - Base 3 hour Deposit||$ 560.58|
|Body Art Facility||Yearly Permit||$ 373.72|
|Permanent Makeup Facility (1 Room)||Yearly Permit||$ 186.86|
|Permanent Makeup Facility (Multiple Rooms)||Yearly Permit||$ 373.72|