Effective May 3, 2021, Nevada County Clerk-Recorder's Office will be open to limited In-Person Appointments.
NO same day appointments or walk-ins at this time
Appointment are Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 8:00 am to 3:30 pm Call 530-265-1221 or email NC.email@example.com for an appointment
Nevada County Recorder maintains the Birth records for those births that occurred in Nevada County.
Who May Receive a Copy
California Health and Safety Code Section 103526, permits only authorized persons as defined on the Online Application to receive certified copies for Identification purposes of birth and/or death records. Senate Bill 1614, Chapter 712 passed, which prohibits the display of vital records indexes on the Internet.
Those who are not authorized by law may receive a certified copy with the words "Informational, Not a Valid Document to Establish Identity’.
Order a Certified Copy of a Vital Record
There are four methods to order a copy of a vital record filed in Nevada County, California:
- Requests made in person at Nevada County Recorder’s Office must have Application Form (PDF) completed before coming into office. (In-person services are by appointment at this time)
- Mail the completed and notarized Application Form (PDF) along with a check or money order, made payable to Nevada County Recorder:
Nevada County Recorder
950 Maidu Avenue
Nevada City, California 95959
- Order the copy using your credit card by faxing the completed and notarized Application Form (PDF)(s) to 530-265-9842. Then call 530-265-1221 to provide credit card information. Additional $2.00 credit card fee
- Order online through VitalChek.
There is an additional $7 VitalChek fee for VitalChek orders.
- Birth Record $25 per certified copy
- Additional $3.00 shipping and handling (For mailed and faxed Applications)