Coronavirus Information: Accessing Services Remotely
- Visit BenefitsCal.com to apply online, upload documents, renew benefits, or report changes
- Call 530-265-1340 if you have questions about your case or need to request a new BIC or EBT card
- Call 1-877-328-9677 to check your EBT balance
- All Medi-Cal renewals are waived until further notice. CalFresh and CalWORKs renewals may be completed without an interview in some situations.
- Employment Services orientation can be completed online.
For the 9th year, Nevada County Social Services partnered with 211 Connecting Point to bring EBT matching to local Farmers' Markets. Market Match will be at three locations in Western County, and a variation will be at the Truckee Farmer's Market. Learn More
BenefitsCal.com is a new website for customers to apply for and manage their food, cash aid, and medical benefits. The site has replaced the C4Yourself website and mobile app. Learn More
If you don’t have health care coverage, or you have Medi-Cal but don’t have a regular doctor, California’s nurse advice line can help. Call the Medi-Nurse Line: (877) 409-9052 Learn More
The mission for Public Assistance under the Department of Social Services (DSS) is opening doors, building community, and being of service to County citizens needing social, eligibility, or employment and training services.