SOCIAL SERVICES FACILITIES ARE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
All renewals for benefits are automatically extended for the next 90 days. All services will be available through C4Yourself.com or by phone. If you need a replacement BIC or EBT card, call your worker and you will be able to pick it up in the lobby at the Rood Center.
The mission for Public Assistance under the Department of Social Services (DSS) is opening doors, building community, and being of service to County citizens needing social, eligibility, or employment and training services.
Coronavirus Information: Accessing Services Remotely
To protect our community, The Nevada County Social Services Department is encouraging residents to apply for benefits on line or over the phone. Staff will be assisting customers via phone as much as possible.
To apply for public assistance benefits please apply online at C4Yourself.com, or contact the department at (530) 265-1340.
Staff will be processing applications as normal and will contact you via phone if there is additional information needed.
If you have any questions about your ongoing benefits please utilize C4Yourself.com to email your worker or call your worker directly. Your worker is listed on your case benefit paperwork.
We encourage you to practice self-care by washing your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds, sneezing and coughing in to a tissue and by staying home in compliance with the statewide shelter in place order.
Thank you for helping us keep our community healthy.
Truckee: Accessing Services Remotely
- Services will be provided remotely or by appointment only.
- For Medi-Cal and Social Services, call 530-582-7803.
- For Public Health Clinic, call 530-582-7814
- For existing appointments, staff will reach out to you to discuss your appointment.
Truckee: Accesar Servicios Remotamente
- Se proporcionarán servicios por sistema electrónico o solo con cita.
- Para Medi-Cal y Servicios Sociales llame a 530-582-7803.
- Para la Clínica de Salud Pública y los Servicios de Conducto de Salud llame a 530-582-7814.
- Para las citas existentes, el personal se comunicará con usted para discutir su cita.