Housing Resources

211 Connecting Point

211 Connecting Point is a resource and information hub that connects people with community programs and services through a searchable web page and local call center.  Nevada County and the Tahoe/Truckee Region.  Call 1-833-342-5244.  Coordinated Entry Registration into HUD's Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) for access to emergency shelter and long term/permanent housing.  Search for Housing information, Search for Shelter; Search for Apartments.  


Homeless Outreach and Medical Engagement Team (HOME Team).  The HOME team identifies, engages, and provides case management and housing support to highly vulnerable homeless individuals, while meeting people where they are at in the community.  Team members provide linkages to services such as medical care, behavioral health or substance use disorder services, and housing navigation.   

Call the HOME Team if you see or know someone that is experiencing homelessness. The HOME Team helps connect homeless individuals to services, including mental health services, medical care, public assistance services, and housing assistance services.    HOME Team (530) 470-2686, Email:  home@nevadacountyca.gov .

North Tahoe Truckee Homeless Services

Housing Choice Voucher

The Regional Housing Authority administers the Housing Choice Voucher Program to help low-income individuals and families pay for private-market housing.  A housing subsidy is paid to the landlord directly by the Regional Housing Authority on behalf of a participating family.  Contact the Regional Housing Authority for more information (530) 671-0220.

Hospitality House 

Hospitality House provides Emergency Overnight Shelter and other services.  Shelter Line (530) 271-7144.

AMI Housing

AMI Housing provides housing, employment and life skills programs to residents of Placer and Nevada Counties who might otherwise be homeless.  Contact AMI Housing for more information (530) 878-5088.

Temporary Calworks Housing Assistance

Families eligible to CalWORKs benefits may qualify for up to 16 consecutive nights in a hotel. This is now available every 12 months.  Please apply online at BenefitsCal.org if you do not have CalWORKs; this specialty program requires a separate determination.  Please call 530-265-1340 for more information.

Housing Support Program

Housing options are available on a case-by-case basis on this specialty program under CalWORKs. Qualification is by referral only. Please call 530-265-1760 for more information. Please note: You must currently be receiving CalWORKs assistance.

Veterans Services can assist Veterans with housing and placement needs.  

Booth Family Center

A temporary solution to housing for families in transition. Please contact the Salvation Army at 530-274-3500 to see if you qualify.

Sober Living Facilities

Please contact Behavioral Health at 530-265-1437 for more information on residential sober living facilities.

Permanent Supportive Housing

Please contact Behavioral Health at 530-265-1437 for more information.

Community Beyond Violence provides Emergency confidential shelter where necessary for survivors of domestic violence and/or sexual assault and their children who are in immediate danger.  The shelter is open to people of all genders.  

FREED assists in finding accessible and affordable housing for people with disabilities. FREED assists with housing search strategies, information about Housing Choice Vouchers (Section 8) and other subsidized and low-income housing. Information and referrals to other community housing resources. Help in filling out apartment application forms. Assistance in understanding your housing rights as a person with a disability.