Idaho-Maryland Mine Planning Commission Staff Report
The Nevada County Planning Department prepared the Staff Report and Additional Attachments for the Idaho-Maryland Mine - Rise Grass Valley Project (proposed project). The below Staff Report has been prepared for consideration by the Planning Commission at their Special Meeting on Wednesday, May 10, 2023, from 9 am-5 pm. The Public Hearing may be continued to May 11, 2023, beginning at 9 am. Members of the public who wish to address the Planning Commission should attend the May 10th meeting as there may not be a second day of hearings on May 11th.
There will be opportunities to provide comments throughout the process. To be notified of these opportunities and when new material becomes available, please subscribe here.
- Staff Report & AttAchments
- Attachments 22 & 23 & 25
- How to Participate
- Watch Public Hearing
- Notice of Public Hearing
Staff Report and Attachments (attachments 22 & 23 & 25 see next tab)
- Idaho Maryland Mine Staff Report Memo 05-05-2023
- Idaho-Maryland Mine Public Comments Received 4-25-23 through 5-5-23
- Applicant Comment Letter to Planning Commission 05-05-2023
- California Department of Parks and Recreation Comment Letter 05-08-2023
- Nevada Irrigation District Comment Letter 05-08-2023
- Idaho Maryland Mine Public Comments Received 05-09-2023
- 0 - Idaho-Maryland Mine Project Planning Commission Staff Report
- 1 - Recommended Conditions of Approval and Mitigation, Monitoring and Reporting Program
- 1.A - Exhbit A - Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program
- 1.B - Exhibit B - Proposed Underground Mining Area
- 2 - CEQA Findings of Fact and Statement of Overriding Considerations
- 3 - Erratum to the Idaho-Maryland Mine Final Environmental Impact Report
- 4 - Idaho-Maryland Mine Project - Supplement to the IMM FEIR
- 5 - Idaho-Maryland Mine Project - Staff Report Master Resposnes to Public Comments
- 6 - Responses to Comments - Traffic, Air Quality, Green House Gas and Biological
- 7 - Groundwater Monitoring Plan - February 2021
- 8 - Updated Well Mitigation Plan - May 11, 2022
- 9 - Domestic Well Monitoring Program - July 28, 2022
- 10 - Parcels Noticed_Idaho-Maryland Mine - Rise Grass Valley
- 11 - Applicant's Variance Justification
- 12.A Project Overview - Mineral Rights Boundary & Surface Properties
- 12.B - Project Overview - Project Elements and Current Conditions
- 12.C - Project Overview - Existing Underground Mine Workings
- 12.D - Project Overview - Isometric Underground Mine Workings
- 12.E - Project Overview - Proposed Underground Mining Area
- 13 - East Bennett Road Domestic Waterline Overview
- 14.A - Brunswick Site Plan - Infrastructure Details
- 14.B - Brunswick Site Plan - Biological Summary
- 14.C - Brunswick Site Plan - Section Views
- 14.D - Brunswick Site Plan - Section Views - Showing Alternate #2
- 14.E - Brunswick Site Plan - Preliminary Grading Plan
- 14.F - Brunswick Site Plan - Existing Easements
- 14.G - Brunswick Site Plan - Photometric Plans
- 14.H - Brunswick Site Plan - Preliminary Landscape Plan
- 15 - Brunswick Industrial Site - Building Elevations, Floorplans
- 15.A - Building Elevation Architectural Color Renderings
- 16.A - Centennial Industrial Site - Infrastructure Details
- 16.B - Centennial Industrial Site - Biological Summary
- 16.C - Centennial Industrial Site - Preliminary Grading Plan
- 16.D - Centennial Industrial Site Existing Easements
- 17 - Proposed Boundary Line Adjustment
- 18 - Proposed Final Map Amendment - Bet Acres
- 19 - MIS22-0019 - IMM Draft Development Agreement PC
- 20 - Draft Financial Assurance Cost Estimate
- 21 - Idaho-Maryland Mine Reclamation Plan, November 2020 (Updated September 2022)
- 24 - Public Comments Recieved Since Close of Draft EIR Public Comment Period
How to Participate
- All community members will be given the opportunity to address the Planning Commission. Each speaker will be given up to three minutes of public comment.
- To provide public comment, grab a number from Planning staff outside the Supervisors’ Chambers. Public comment numbers will be provided on a first come first serve basis beginning at 8:30 am on May 10th.
- Speakers will provide public comment to the Planning Commission in the Supervisors’ Chambers in groups of ten.
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Must be received no later than 5:00 pm on May 9, 2023.
- Mailed to the Nevada County Planning Department at 950 Maidu Ave, Suite 170, Nevada City, Ca 95959. Must be received no later than 5:00 pm on May 9, 2023.
- Submit by eComment before the close of the Planning Commission Public Hearing.
- Submit printed and written copies of your comment directly to the Planning Commission Clerk at the Planning Commission Public Hearing.
Public Hearing Details
- Wednesday, May 10, 2023, from 9 am-5 pm. The Public Hearing may be continued to May 11, 2023, beginning at 9 am. Members of the public who wish to address the Planning Commission should attend the May 10th meeting as there may not be a second day of hearings on May 11th.
- Eric Rood Administration Center Board of Supervisor Chambers, located at 950 Maidu Avenue, Nevada City.
- View online on: