What We Do
The Child Health and Disability Prevention (CHDP) program offers complete health assessments by CHDP medical providers for the early detection and prevention of disease and disabilities in California’s children and youth.
The CHDP program provides regular health assessments including:
- Hearing testing
- Lead testing
- Vision testing
- Dental screening and referrals
- Health and development history
- Health education information
- Laboratory tests
- Nutritional assessment
- Physical examination
- Tuberculin Skin testing
- WIC referral for children to age 5
Services also include well baby, child and teen check-ups and care, school entry exams, and sports and camp physicals.
If medical problems are identified during the child's check-up, they will be referred for additional medical services.
- Children with Medi-Cal from birth to age 21 (share of cost does not have to be met)
- Low income children from birth to age 19 (not covered by other health insurance)
- Children in Foster Care
- Children in Head Start and State Pre-School Programs