Effective July 1st, 2021, the Penn Valley Library now offers additional hours using the Open+ Access system. Open+ Access allows patrons access to the Library outside of normal hours of operation. Open+ Access is currently only available at the Penn Valley Library.
Who Can Participate in Open+ Access?
- Patrons age 18 years or older with a library account in good standing.
- Patrons who complete the Open+ Access Terms and Conditions Form.
- Patrons who complete the Open+ Access Orientation with staff at the Penn Valley Branch. Patrons will be contacted to schedule an orientation after the terms and conditions form is completed online.
How Does Open+ Access Work?
- Patrons who qualify and have completed the Open+ Access requirements will use their own library card and pin# to gain entry in the library during selected hours.
- Security cameras monitor the use of the library.
- While using the library, patrons should not respond to vendors or persons trying to enter the facility.
- The system turns on and safely shuts down during Open+ hours for lights, alarm systems, computers and self-service kiosk.
- A broadcasting PA system delivers pre-recorded messages during opening and closing. Patrons must comply with the guidelines set by the announcements.
- All library policies are in effect during Open+ Access hours, including the Library Code of Conduct and Computer and Internet Usage Guidelines.
- Patrons will have self-service access to a catalog computer, public computers, self-serve checkout and holds pickup.
Open+ Access Hours
|7- 9AM||9 - 3PM||9 - 3PM|
Apply for Open+ Access
Click here to apply! Apply for Open+ Access Apply for Open+ Access By registering, patrons acknowledge and agree to the terms of acceptable use. Any violation may result in the patron losing Open+ Access privileges, as well as possible fines and legal consequences.
For questions about your Open+ Access application or to learn more about the program, please call us at (530) 432-5764.
This project was supported in whole or in part by funding provided by the State of California, administered by the California State Library.