Housing Element Update 2019-2027
Project Contact: Senior Planner, Matt Kelley
Housing Element Update
The 2019-2027 Housing Element was adopted by the Nevada County Board of Supervisors on June 25, 2019.
Notice of Public Hearing
The proposed Housing Element Update will be coming before the Planning Commission on May 23, 2019. In addition to receiving public comment, the Commission will have the opportunity to discuss the proposed Update and provide recommendations to the Board of Supervisors, who will act at a later date as the final decision makers in the approval and adoption of the revisions to the General Plan and the associated environmental document.
The Nevada County Planning Department has commenced its 2019 – 2027 Housing Element Update process.
Section 65302(c) of the California Government Code requires that Nevada County adopt Housing Elements as part of the General Plan to analyze issues of housing availability, affordability, and needs within the community. In addition, the Housing Element seeks to set goals, objectives, policies, programs and implementation strategies to address those issues.
The County has completed a public review draft of the 2019-2027 Nevada County Housing Element update. The updated Housing Element is prepared in compliance with Section 65302(c) and Article 10.6 of the Government Code and will be available for public comment for a period of 30-days. The draft is available to download by following the link below:
Hard copies of the draft will be available by March 29, 2019, at any of the following locations:
- Nevada County Planning Department (950 Maidu Avenue, Suite 170, Nevada City, CA 95959)
- Nevada County Board of Supervisors Office (950 Maidu Avenue, Suite 200, Nevada City, CA 95959)
And at the following library locations:
- Madelyn Helling Library (980 Helling Way, Nevada City, CA 95959)
- Grass Valley Library (Royce Branch. 207 Mill Street, Grass Valley, CA 95945)
- Penn Valley Library (11336 Pleasant Valley Road, Penn Valley, CA 95946)
- Bear River Library - High School Library (11130 Magnolia Road, Grass Valley, CA 95949)
- Truckee Library (10031 Levon Ave. Truckee, CA 96161)
We would appreciate any comments in writing by April 26, 2019. If you wish to discuss the Housing Element update process or have questions or comments please contact Matt Kelley at (530) 265-1423 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.