Red Flag Warning in effect from 8:00 AM Sunday to 2:00 PM PDT Monday due to strong winds and low humidity for Lassen, Eastern Plumas, Eastern Sierra, and Eastern Nevada Counties...
The National Weather Service Reno has issued a Red Flag Warning for gusty winds and low humidity, which is in effect from 8:00 AM Sunday to 2:00 PM PDT Monday. The Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* Changes...This is a particularly dangerous situation along the 395 corridor.
* Affected Area...Fire Zone 271 Western Lassen/Eastern Plumas/Eastern Sierra/Eastern Nevada Counties and Fire Zone 278 Eastern Lassen County.
* Winds...A strong cold front will bring southwest to west winds of 15 to 30 mph with gusts between 35 and 45 mph starting Sunday morning and lasting into Monday. Wind gusts of 50 to 60 mph are possible along the 395 corridor.
* Humidity...Minimum 7 to 15% Sunday afternoon, with poor recovery Sunday night. Minimum early Monday 15 to 25%.
* Duration...6-20 hours. Over 12 hours for the 395 corridor.
* Impacts...The combination of gusty winds and low humidity can cause fire to rapidly grow in size and intensity.
This is a particularly dangerous situation with extremely low humidity and high winds. New fires will grow rapidly out of control, in some cases people may not be able to evacuate safely in time should a fire approach.
Avoid outdoor activities that can cause a spark near dry vegetation, such as yard work, target shooting, or campfires. Follow local fire restrictions. Check weather.gov/reno for updates
and http://bit.ly/ReadyNevadaCounty_RedFlagWarning for preparedness tips.
More information at https://www.weather.gov/rev/ .