Economic Development & Tourism Marketing
Thinking of Growing Your Business in Nevada County?
The Sierra Business Council (SBC) is the County's designated partner to provide Comprehensive Economic Development Program Management services. If you are a business considering relocating or expanding to this area, the SBC can connect you with site information, employment/training resources, demographic information and other resources to assist in business attraction, creation and retention. Sierra Business Council also serves as the region's Small Business Development Center (SBDC) with professionals who collaborate daily with community leaders in business, government, chambers of commerce and business associations.
Equipped with comprehensive up-to-date demographic data, complete real estate and re-location services and offering skilled personnel to assist your individual needs, SBC has the tools and talent to help you build a very solid and secure business in Nevada County. Additionally, SBC works closely with the Nevada County Economic Resource Council (NCERC) on economic development activities throughout the County.
Film Production in Nevada County
Nevada County is pleased to provide a film permit process for use of County property or public rights-of-way for the purpose of filming for commercial motion pictures or television, or taking commercial still photography. For more information please visit our Film Permits page.
Economic Development Resource Materials
Staff in the Board of Supervisors office currently administers the County's contract (PDF) with SBC. By visiting our Economic Resource Council Archived Documents folder , you will be connected with all archived documents related to the management of the County's Tourism website, Go Nevada County, and previous contracts with ERC, the Regional Chambers of Commerce and Truckee Tomorrow. These are easily searchable by keyword.
Reports to the County
The most current report to the County is here: 2017 Annual Report (PDF). Previous reports may be viewed under the Economic Resource Council Archived Documents folder.
The following is a small collection of key documents, reports and plans that we reference often.
- Accessing Community Capital: California Financial Opportunities Roundtable, August 2012 (PDF)
- Donner Summit Economic Development Study 2004 (PDF)
- Economic Development and Tourism Marketing (PDF)
- Nevada County Sustainable Plan (also developed by Switchback) (PDF)
- Nevada County Tourism Marketing Plan (formerly the Switchback Plan) (PDF)
- Standard DMO Performance Reporting: A handbook for Destination Marketing Organizations (PDF)
- Transient Occupancy Tax Survey (PDF)
- Western Nevada County Economic Development Strategy: 2007 Study Prepared by Seifel Consulting (PDF)
- Western Nevada County Economic Enhancement Business Plan: (The Chabin Report), 1996(PDF)