What Do I Do If I Was Served Legal Documents?

What to Do

If you don't understand why you were served or what the paperwork means, please contact our office. You can call 866-901-3212 or come into our office business days between 7:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. - no appointment necessary.

There might be time sensitive paperwork you need to fill out and return to our office. So don't delay; call or come in right away!
Nevada County Courthouse tall white building with trees

Family Law Facilitator

You may take the papers you received to the Family Law Facilitator. They can explain the documents and help you take the next step. If you live locally you must go to their office in person at 201 Church Street, Nevada City, California (at the courthouse). If you live in Truckee or Sierra County, call 530-470-2567 to make an appointment when the Family Law Facilitator will be in your area.

Summons & Complaint

If you were served with a Summons and Complaint, and you disagree with the amount of child support requested in the proposed order, contact our office. Provide your caseworker with your actual income. Your caseworker will reevaluate the amount of support.