How Do I Schedule a Phone Appearance for Court?


If you live more than 50 miles away from the courthouse or have approval due to impairment, you may request a telephone appearance.

Information Sheets

Please read and follow the directions on the information sheets carefully.


After you have read the information sheets, complete the Requests:

Complete the Requests

  • Complete and send the requests as soon as possible to the court’s address shown on your hearing paperwork.
  • You must return the originals to the Court prior to the hearing. When the court clerk receives your Request for a Telephone Appearance, you will be notified of the time and phone number to call on that date.
  • Your agreement requires you to contact your caseworker at the Department of Child Support Services at 866-901-3212 at least two days prior to the hearing.
  • If you have questions, call the court clerk:
    • Nevada City Court: (530) 265-1329 – ask for Marian
    • Truckee Court: (530) 582-7866
    • Sierra County Court: (530) 289-3698