Mental Health Services Act
The Act addresses a broad continuum of prevention, early intervention and service needs and the necessary infrastructure, technology and training elements that will effectively support this system. MHSA has been a unique opportunity to transform our community mental health system. MHSA has provided funding for six broad components of new or expanded activities and services. The Act imposes a 1% income tax on personal income in excess of $1 million. This tax brings in approximately 1 billion dollars per year to the state of California. Read a short overview of the Mental Health Services Act Opens a New Window. .
MHSA Annual Plan Update Fiscal Year 2021/2022
Public Comment Period
The Public Comment period will last from April 7th, 2020 to May 6th, 2020. Public comments may be submitted in writing to Nevada County Behavioral Health at MHSA@co.nevada.ca.us or via US mail to:
Nevada County Behavioral Health Department
ATTN: Priya Kannall
500 Crown Point Circle, Suite 120
Grass Valley, CA 95945
A Public Hearing will take place at the Mental Health Board meeting on May 7th, 2020 at 10 AM. The meeting details can be found below.
Meeting ID: 859 9517 0904
Phone Number: 1 408 638 0968
- MHSA Three Year Plan for FY 20/21 through FY 22/23
- MHSA Annual Progress Report Fiscal Year 2018/19
- Community Mental Health Needs Assessment
- Full Service Partnership Performance Outcomes Fiscal Year 2018/19
2021 Community Meetings
April 2021 - Meeting Materials
January 2021 - Meeting Materials
2020 Community Meetings
September 2020 - Meeting Materials
April 2020 - Meeting Materials
Opens in New Window
CurrentcuC Opens a New Window.
MHSA Annual Revenue & Expenditure Reports (RER)
- FY 2018-19 RER Amendment #1 Opens in New Window
Opens in New Window
- FY 2018-19 RER Opens in New Window
- FY 2017-18 RER Opens a New Window.
- FY 2016-17 RER Opens a New Window.
- FY 2015-16 RER Opens a New Window.
- Read the archive of MHSA Revenue & Expenditure Reports (RER)
- Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) Overview
- MHSA Program and Provider Outline
- PEI Amended Regulations Effective July 2018
- Innovation Plan Truckee July 2016 (PDF)
- Mental Health Services Act Text (PDF)
- Mental Health Services Act Text en Espanol (PDF)
- MHSA Issue Resolution Process 2012 (PDF)
- Steinberg Institute MHSA Outcomes Report (PDF)
- Summary of DMH Information Notices and Letter Related to the MHSA 2005-2011 (PDF)
- MHSA Grievance Form