Mental Health Services Act
The Act addresses a broad continuum of prevention, early intervention and service needs and the necessary infrastructure, technology and training elements that will effectively support this system. MHSA has been a unique opportunity to transform our community mental health system. MHSA has provided funding for six broad components of new or expanded activities and services. The Act imposes a 1% income tax on personal income in excess of $1 million. This tax brings in approximately 1 billion dollars per year to the state of California. Read a short overview of the Mental Health Services Act Opens a New Window. .
MHSA Community Needs Survey
We are thrilled to be kicking off the community planning process for the next three-year Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) Plan!
We want to hear from the community about the mental health needs and priorities in Nevada County. Your input is essential to helping the Behavioral Health Department decide where our resources should be focused over the next three years.
Please take a few minutes to complete our survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NC_MHSA.
MHSA Annual Plan Update - PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
Nevada County Behavioral Health is inviting all stakeholders to review and comment on an amendment to the MHSA Annual Plan Update FY 19/20 Opens a New Window. . This amendment reflects a correction to the SB 192 Prudent Reserve cap, and changes the amount shifting out of the Prudent Reserve from $72,032 to $81,804.
The Public Comment period will last from July 2, 2019 through August 1, 2019. Public comments may be submitted in writing to Nevada County Behavioral Health at MHSA@co.nevada.ca.us or via US mail to:
Nevada County Behavioral Health Department
ATTN: Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) Coordinator
500 Crown Point Circle, Suite 120
Grass Valley, CA 95945
A Public Hearing will take place at the Mental Health Board meeting on August 2, 2019 at 9:30 AM, at 500 Crown Point Circle, Suite 120 in Grass Valley.
Current MHSA Annual Plan Update and Progress Report
- Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) Annual Plan Update Fiscal Year 2019/20 Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window.
- Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) Annual Progress Report Fiscal Year 2017/18 Opens a New Window.
MHSA 3-Year Plan and Annual Progress Report Opens a New Window.
- MHSA 3-Year Plan for Fiscal Year 2017/18, 2018/19, and 2019/20 Opens a New Window.
- MHSA Annual Progress Report Fiscal Year 2015/16 Opens a New Window.
- Read the archive of MHSA Plans.
MHSA Annual Revenue & Expenditure Reports (RER)
- FY 2017-18 RER Opens a New Window.
- FY 2016-17 RER Opens a New Window.
- FY 2015-16 RER Opens a New Window.
- Read the archive of MHSA Revenue & Expenditure Reports (RER)
- Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) Overview
- MHSA Program and Provider Outline
- PEI Amended Regulations Effective July 2018
- Innovation Plan Truckee July 2016 (PDF)
- Mental Health Services Act Text (PDF)
- Mental Health Services Act Text en Espanol (PDF)
- MHSA Issue Resolution Process 2012 (PDF)
- Steinberg Institute MHSA Outcomes Report (PDF)
- Summary of DMH Information Notices and Letter Related to the MHSA 2005-2011 (PDF)