Mental Health Services Act
The Act addresses a broad continuum of prevention, early intervention and service needs and the necessary infrastructure, technology and training elements that will effectively support this system. MHSA has been a unique opportunity to transform our community mental health system. MHSA has provided funding for six broad components of new or expanded activities and services. The Act imposes a 1% income tax on personal income in excess of $1 million. This tax brings in approximately 1 billion dollars per year to the state of California. Read a short overview of the Mental Health Services Act Opens a New Window. .
MHSA Three Year Plan for FY 20/21 through FY 22/23
Nevada County Behavioral Health Department (NCBHD) is inviting all stakeholders to review and comment on Amendment #1 to the Nevada County’s MHSA Fiscal Year 2020/2021 through 2022/2023 Three-Year Program and Expenditure Plan for a period of 30 days from September 1, 2020 to October 1, 2020. This Amendment addresses the following proposed changes:
- Expanded description of approved MHSA Innovation Projects per DHCS Program Review Finding
- Amendment to Homeless Outreach and Medical Engagement (HOME) Innovation Project to incorporate HOME Team supervisor role due to savings from master-leased housing (previously funded with Prevention and Early Intervention)
- Adjusted Workforce, Education, and Training (WET) budget for OSHPD WET Regional Partnership, which includes programs like loan repayment, education stipends, scholarships, and workforce retention activities
- Adjusted Prevention and Early Intervention Assigned Funds to CalMHSA, which funds statewide mental health stigma reduction programming like Each Mind Matters and Know the Signs, as well as the Yolo Regional Suicide Prevention Hotline Call Center
Written public comments from interested parties are to be provided in writing by 5PM on October 1, 2020. Public comments may be submitted in writing to NCBHD at MHSA@co.nevada.ca.us or via US mail to:
Mental Health Services Act Coordinator
Nevada County Behavioral Health Department
500 Crown Point Circle, Suite 120
Grass Valley, CA 95945
A Public Hearing will take place at the virtual Mental Health and Substance Use Advisory Board Meeting on October 2, 2020 at 9:30AM. Virtual meeting details for the Public Hearing are below:
Join Zoom Meeting
Dial by your location; +1 408 638 0968 US; Meeting ID: 859 9517 0904; Passcode: 164319
Please contact Priya Kannall at (530) 265-1790 (Voice), (800) 735-2922 (TTY), or Priya.Kannall@co.nevada.ca.us if you need:
- A hard copy of this posting and the document or
- A disability related reasonable accommodation to participate in this event by September 23, 2020.
- MHSA Three Year Plan for FY 20/21 through FY 22/23
- MHSA Annual Progress Report Fiscal Year 2018/19
- Community Mental Health Needs Assessment
- Full Service Partnership Performance Outcomes Fiscal Year 2018/19
2020 Community Meetings
Our next MHSA Community Meeting will be held on Tuesday, September 22nd 2020 from 2 - 3PM. We will address the proposed amendment to the Three Year Plan as well as hear from MHSA funded providers on how they are adapting services due to COVID-19.
Due to COVID-19, this meeting will be held virtually via Zoom (https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81913885583?pwd=cFFYVEFmaG53eGdPZC9wblRSakd2Zz09) and phone conference: 1 669 900 6833; Meeting ID: 819 1388 5583; Passcode: 304662
In light of COVID-19, we hosted our next Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) Community Meeting virtually on Tuesday, April 14th, 2020 from 3 – 5PM. During the meeting, we covered:
- Potential impacts of COVID-19 on MHSA
- Draft Three-Year Mental Health Services (MHSA) Plan outlining mental health program priorities over next three years (FY 20/21, 21/22, and 21/23)
Opens in New Window
CurrentcuC Opens a New Window.
MHSA Annual Revenue & Expenditure Reports (RER)
- FY 2018-19 RER Amendment #1 Opens in New Window
Opens in New Window
- FY 2018-19 RER Opens in New Window
- FY 2017-18 RER Opens a New Window.
- FY 2016-17 RER Opens a New Window.
- FY 2015-16 RER Opens a New Window.
- Read the archive of MHSA Revenue & Expenditure Reports (RER)
- Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) Overview
- MHSA Program and Provider Outline
- PEI Amended Regulations Effective July 2018
- Innovation Plan Truckee July 2016 (PDF)
- Mental Health Services Act Text (PDF)
- Mental Health Services Act Text en Espanol (PDF)
- MHSA Issue Resolution Process 2012 (PDF)
- Steinberg Institute MHSA Outcomes Report (PDF)
- Summary of DMH Information Notices and Letter Related to the MHSA 2005-2011 (PDF)
- MHSA Grievance Form