Business Information & Resources
Current Safety Measures
Nevada County Health Officer Order Requiring Masks
Nevada County's current Health Officer Order requires:
- All individuals, regardless of vaccination status, to wear face coverings when indoors in public settings and businesses, with limited exemptions.
- Everyone, regardless of vaccination status, wear face coverings outdoors in crowded settings, regardless of vaccination status, when six-foot distance is not possible.
State Mask Mandate
Due to a recent increase in cases, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) has mandated that everyone in California wear a mask in indoor public spaces and workplaces. The order is in effect December 15, 2021 to February 15, 2022.
As of June 15th, capacity and distancing restrictions have been lifted for most businesses and activities. Large-scale indoor events will have vaccination or negative test requirements for attendees through at least October 1st.
Financial Aid for Businesses
Below are "quick links” to the latest business resources and information, especially grants and loans.
For updates on grants and business resources, subscribe to the Coronavirus Business Task Force list at www.mynevadacounty.com/BusinessResourcesSubscription.
Latest Grants & Loans
- Agricultural Community Resources
- American Rescue Plan Grants
- California Small Business Relief Grant Program
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL)
- Emergency Broadband Benefit
- Employee Retention Tax Credit
- Nevada County Relief Fund: Provides grants to for-profit businesses that are complying with public health guidelines.
- Shuttered Venue Operators Grant
- Learn more about the application process and qualifications for the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant on this recorded webinar hosted by the Northern California SBDC Finance Center.
- The Business page has information for businesses and employers on grants and loans, technical assistance, and how to manage COVID-19 in the workplace. The main https://covid19.ca.gov/ page is full of useful resources and general updates, too.
- The GO Biz site is run by the Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development and is a good resource for Covid-19 resources. Sign up for the GoBiz newsletter to receive updates and announcements as they happen.
- The US Small Business Administration’s site lists Covid-19 guidance and resources; the SBA is currently offering the Paycheck Protection Program; SBA is a good site to learn about the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant, and the Targeted Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL).
The Nevada County Relief Fund provides grants to for-profit businesses that are complying with public health guidelines. Visit their website at www.nevcorelief.org for information on current funding opportunities.
The County's Office of Emergency Services (OES) is offering local small business owners (25 employees or less) masks and hand sanitizer at no cost. Learn more or apply here.
Vaccinations for Businesses
Business owners can request onsite or offsite COVID-19 vaccinations for their staff. Our Public Health REACH Team will come to your location or coordinate a group appointment at a Public Health clinic. Complete our COVID Vaccine Business Inquiry Form to get started.
Resources & Support for Local Businesses
- Sierra Small Business Development Center
Provides free one-on-one consulting, training, and funding application assistance to local businesses.
- Nevada County Economic Resource Council
- Alliance for Workforce Development
Provides training and assistance for job seekers and works with businesses to recruit and train staff.
- Grass Valley Downtown Association
- Greater Grass Valley Chamber
- Nevada City Chamber of Commerce
- Nevada County Arts Council
- Penn Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Truckee Chamber of Commerce
Share resources and support with other local small businesses. Moderated by the County of Nevada and the Sierra Small Business Development Center (SBDC).
Download and print signs and graphics to display at your business.
View webinars, workshops, meetings of the COVID-19 Business Resource Task Force, and more.
Still Have Questions?
Email us at email@example.com.