A Message from the Director of Public Works
A Message from the Director of Public Works.
Book an Appointment
EFFECTIVE AUGUST 25, 2021 THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT IS OPEN FOR APPOINTMENTS ONLY
- APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE ON
- TUESDAYS AND THURSDAYS
- Visit to learn more and make an Appointment
Online services will still be available and continue to be enhanced for ease of reporting service requests and applying for permits. Services include permit submission and online service requests
- Submit an Online Service Request
- Don't know how to use our online Service Request app? Give us a call and we can walk you through the process.
Public Works encourages the public to continue to use these services as a safe, effective, and environmentally friendly alternative. The Public is welcome to call Public Works prior to scheduling appointments as we may be able to answer your questions over the phone or direct you to an available online service.
Transportation to the Rood Center
If you do need to visit us at the Eric Rood Center consider using our Nevada County Connects transit service system.
General Business Hours
Public Works is available by phone Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm for questions and assistance with general questions and inquiries.
- Contact us at: (530) 265-1411
- General questions or Email us at: Public.Works@co.nevada.ca.us
- For your convenience Drop-off boxes will continue to be available inside the Community Development Agency lobby for submission of paperwork and payments.
- If you have a life-threatening emergency, please call 911 immediately.
- Downed power lines should be reported to 911 and then PG&E at 1-800-743-5000.
- For trees in power lines visit PG&E webpage or call them at 1-800-743-5000.
- If you have a non-emergency road issue, please submit a work order via our online e-service application for “Service Requests”.
- If you do not have internet access you may call 530-265-1411 during regular business hours and leave a message that will be picked up periodically.
- After hours non-emergencies can be reported to the Sheriffs Non-Emergency line at 530-265-7880.
- Road Maintenance and Sanitation District crews are fully staffed and working during this time. Snow Plow Operators will be working 24-hour shifts during storms. For information regarding what to expect in regards to county snowplow services visit our website article on “Living in Snow Country” and our Nevada County Government Code.
During these difficult times, we do appreciate your patience as we strive to provide service to our customers.
Director, Department of Public Works