Coronavirus Information: Accessing Services Remotely
- Visit BenefitsCal.com to apply online, upload documents, renew benefits, or report changes
- Call 530-265-1340 if you have questions about your case or need to request a new BIC or EBT card
- Call 1-877-328-9677 to check your EBT balance
- All Medi-Cal renewals are waived until further notice. CalFresh and CalWORKs renewals may be completed without an interview in some situations.
- Employment Services orientation can be completed online.
Employment Services Program
The CalWORKs Welfare to Work (WTW) program is an employment services program that assists families receiving CalWORKs Cash Assistance in becoming self-sufficient. This mandatory program is designed to assist you and your family in achieving your goals by providing job search assistance, job training opportunities, and many other supportive services.
The Nevada County Department of Social Services Employment Services program (WTW) assists low- or no-income adults with job skills, vocational and on-the-job training, family stabilization, and childcare programs to help families get back on their feet.
- Paid positions with private businesses
- Paid on-the-job training
- Unpaid internships
- Job search workshops
- Child care
- Transportation reimbursement
- Substance abuse and mental health services
- Housing assistance
How To Apply
Welfare-to-Work is the Employment Services component of the CalWORKs cash assistance program.