Avoiding Conservatorship

Nevada County Adult Services, including Adult Protective Services and the Public Guardian's Office, offers referrals to families to help avoid the need to conserve your loved-one if he/she becomes unable to provide for food, shelter or clothing, or if he/she becomes a danger to self or others due to significant dementia or mental illness.

This does not replace good legal advice for Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care/Estate and Living Trusts which name conservators ahead of time, but our office has many referrals and handouts to provide. We will be glad to either mail you information or arrange a personal appointment.

Independent Seniors

If you are an independent senior who wants to maintain your independence in your own home as long as possible, we can assist you with setting up many services and safety-nets early on to avoid the necessity for a conservatorship should you eventually lose your capacity for decision-making.

Adult Services

Many of our clients self-refer to Adult Services for information and to plan for their upcoming years. A social worker will be glad to meet in the privacy of your home or talk with you over the phone. All contacts are strictly confidential.